Wednesday, September 15, 2010

On the Edge

      "Their constant presence wearies him, their sleepless malignity exasperates him; he longs with an unspeakable longing to be rid of them altogether, and from time to time, driven to bay, his patience utterly exhausted, he turns fiercely on his persecutors and makes a desperate effort to chase the whole pack of them from the land, to clear the air of their swarming multitudes, that he may breathe more freely and go on his way ....."

      It has been a very long and weary two weeks of very little sleep, but I was finally able to recall my dream from last night.  It is a very cold dark winter day and I am all bundled up in snow gear: hat, coat, gloves, snow pants, the whole nine years.  I have no ides how but I am teetering on top of an enormous mountain peek with my downhill skis strapped on tightly. I am trying not to plunge of the edge by standing very still and maintaining my balance.  The more I struggle to stand still the more I start slipping of the edge.  Finally in my feeble attempt to save myself from cascading of the mountain's cliff and suffering broken bones, I slip and jerk in bed and wake up!  I suppose I could analyze the happenings in my dream and correlate them to what is going on in my waken state of mind. My personal dialog of, "your under a lot of stress and life is feeling a little out of balance right now", could most definitely be replicated by standing on the edge of a mountain cliff teeter tottering on skis to avoid bodily dismemberment.  Or I might take the mythological point of view to analyze my slumber and decide to correlate it to the Chinese myth, Yin and Yang.  This myth's idea is that the universe is shaped by two important forces called Yin and Yang.  They are opposites that are not in conflict with each other and interact to try and maintain balance and cohesion.  All of the universe and it's life forces rely on this balance to maintain harmony.  But when Yin and Yang are out of whack things get a little messed up.  So I could quite literally say that my Yin and Yang are out of balance and this is way I am about to lose balance in my dream.  I personally think I will take the Mythological spin on this one verses the psychological approach. I'll just leave it at, my Yin and Yang are out of balance right now but I hope very soon things begin rolling smoothly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment