Thursday, December 9, 2010

Knowing the End to be the Beginning

"In the ages to come man may be able to predict, perhaps even to control, the wayward courses of the winds and clouds, but hardly will his puny hands have strength to speed afresh our slackening planet in its orbit or rekindle the dying fire of the sun."

We must know our ends and experience our ends to understand where we come from and what we think.  Understanding or gaining insight on why we think the way we think gives true insight into where those thought have come from and how they came to be.  This is a process of going back and forth and back again.  As life moves in its circular nature, so do our thoughts, actions, and feelings.  It is a constant may-go-round, but knowledge is discovered as the cycle continues.  I have truly enjoyed this class and have the opportunity to have Dr. Sexson as a teacher. He is a true gem of a person and I will always remember his depth of knowledge and  the relate able person he is.  As I think back over the semester and all the class discussions, I find myself remembering and somewhat reliving several moments in my mind. This to me is the process of Myth....Beginnings, middles, and ends and then back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment