Thursday, December 9, 2010

One bad day!!!

"This universal illumination of the houses on one night of the year suggests that the festival may have been a commemoration not merely of the dead Osiris but of the dead in general, in other words, that it may have been a night of All Souls."

So I have had several bad days in my life, but the one that sticks out the most is a day when my son was having several grand maul seizures and none of the medication that I had at home could stop them.  I had to call the ambulance to come and take him to the hospital because he was not recovering between each seizure and was starting to turn blue.  When the ambulance came they rushed him to the hospital and said to me on the way that my son's heart was not beating right and they would have to shock it.  AAAAA......makes me upset just to think about this day.  So once we were at the hospital, the emergency team had to shock my son's heart and put him in a drug induced comma because he was continuing to have seizures.  My son was air lifted to Salt Lake where they were finally able to get the seizures to stop.  As I have been typing this story I have been reliving some of the emotions that I was going through at the time. 
I think that in myth, if the story has some meaning or aspect to it that we can relate to, we will relive the story as it plays out. We all have bad days but making sure to not stay in them is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment